28 July 2007

The more things stay the same...

As I’ve gotten some press from good friend and blog (tor)mentor, Brian, I thought it would probably be a good idea to post again. (As that’s what bloggers do, and what he’ll grill me for not doing.) So, here’s the latest attempt at sufficiently-disclosive, on-demand drabble.

Alphi and omegi
The next two weeks mark a significant transition for me: the final switch from ‘worker’ back to ‘student’. It’s been 8 years since I made this far-reaching a change in my activities and experience, and though a meaningful shift in me, I’m looking forward to the new opportunities and the ~1 year countdown to “Doctor” me, and the likely employment and location changes that title will allow.


Yet, while the new school year looms, and my new life as full-time grad student ambles toward me, the summer and various other life items are coming to end:



  • Paycheck from full-time work. (Occasional bookstore and new TA checks are nice, but not quite so full-figured…)

  • Long-planned student retreat (mentioned last post) went well, with a number of interesting mis-connects between students and faculty. Great colleagues; good work done; and the weather was lovely in San Jose. (Mentally clinging to those cool breezes…) It also was my last scheduled travel out of town, after a busy travel season.

  • Just finished Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows (or “HP7” as we say ‘in the industry’). FYI, the castle sinks, they all die…
So, in flux, here’s to balance!

No comments: